Adult Day Program
NWCSRA’s Adult Day Program is designed to meet the needs of young adults with disabilities 18 years and older that no longer serviced through the school district. This program provides year-round social and recreational activities to enhance the quality of life of our participants. The program focuses on positive peer interaction, community integration, leisure independence, and basic life skills. Weekly activities include field trips in the community, cooking, shopping, arts & crafts, games, service projects, and much more!
New participants are always welcome! Please complete the Day Program Interest Form below and return the completed form to Ashlee O’Hern. For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Ashlee O’Hern at 815-407-1819 ext. 211 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to COVID-19, there is limited space available at each site and we are unable to use the agency vehicles before, during, or after program at this time. The information provided below is a brief overview of our Adult Day Program as it currently stands and will be updated as new guidelines are in place. We appreciate your patience and understanding in advance during this unique time!
- Annerino Center
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Bolingbrook 2021 May Calendar
- Plainfield Township Community Center
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Plainfield 2021 May Calendar
- NWCSRA Office
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Pick-a-Day)
- Romeoville 2021 May Calendar
**Before-Care and After-Care services available Monday through Friday at the Romeoville location only for an additional fee. Before-Care begins at 8:00am and After-Care ends at 4:30pm. Contact Ashlee O’Hern for more information.
Full time staff will assess each participants ability to participate in the program following these guidelines before returning to the Day Program and will continue to assess each participants ability as needed once the program resumes. At any point if a participant cannot follow these guidelines full time staff will reassess their eligibility for the Day Program. The guidelines are subject to change.
- Ability to function at a one staff to four participant ratios.
- Ability to properly put on, wear, and take off face covering when necessary, for the duration of the program. Note: Mask breaks will be scheduled and will not need to be worn while eating lunch.
- Ability to maintain 6-foot distance from other participants and staff when possible.
- Ability to cover cough and/or sneeze.
- Ability to follow NWCSRA Code of Conduct.
- Ability to adapt to changes in schedule.
- Ability to follow directions with visual and verbal prompting within a ratio of one staff to four participants, without the need for physical re-direction.
- Ability to perform the following activities independently:
- Hand washing/use hand sanitizer
- Arts & crafts (painting, coloring, etc.)
- Games (Board games and outdoor games)
- Maneuver wheelchair without assistance
- Take medication (staff will be able to hand participant their medication)